Everyone should bring Bibles this week
HOSTS make sure to pick out a verse for the "BIBLE STUDY"
Week 5 Notes
Big challenges in reading the Bible
1. Hard to understand
a. What translation do you use? Try New Living Translation (NLT)
2. Unsure of where to start or go.
a. Start with Luke, then read Acts. Learn about Jesus, the beginning of Church, Holy Spirit.
HOW TO STUDY
1. Write down questions you have when you read a passage.
a. research individually, and also in a group
2. Bible memorization
1 Corinthians 10:13
Use the verses you memorize to help as you face each day.
Find the verse > break it apart > memorize it > use it in daily life
You will be gathering together to do your planned outreach. Make sure to make plans!
Week 5 Questions
1. What is the biggest challenge for you in reading the Bible?
1. Look up the verse your HOSTS picked, or pick one together as a group
2. Read it out loud
3. Break it apart
4. Memorize if possible, or commit to memorization
5. Discuss application to daily life