Care and Support sounds great, but is really hard to make happen.
- None of us are more powerful alone than we are together. A team is always better.
- We need help to connect with God. We do this best in relationship. Moses needed his friends to hold his arms up to God, to help him connect with God.
- Person to person love is a doorway to God’s love. It makes God’s love seem at least believable.
David Benner Quote
“Genuine love always calls us to deeper places of trust and connection. Even the love exchanged between people and their pets has health-inducing potential. It is not the pet hat tis the cause of the benefit, but the presence of divine love. Divine love that exists as a reflection of the nature of God and is present in human beings as we bear his image. While human love can never bear the weight of our need for divine love, it can support the transformation, and teach us about divine love. Human love communicates divine love.”
“Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from His love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate? Then, make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving each other, and working together with one mind and purpose. Don’t be selfish, don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out for only your own interests but take interest in others too. You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.”
How do we have the attitude Christ Jesus had?
- Starts with understanding God’s grace.
- Understand God’s level of grace is the same for everyone.
Best two ways to care for and support each other...
- Be non-judgmental
a. Don’t say “AT LEAST!"
To really grow and to feel the care and support you want from others, you have to allow yourself to be cared for and supported. You have to present your self honestly.
How do you understand or explain God’s grace for you?
Can you recall a time when you felt judged and not cared for when you were reaching out for care and support?
- Ask “How are you really feeling?”
a. Listen and be non-judgmental…
- Then ask "How can we care for you and support you?”